Cross-border student startup – a group of students (aged 14–19) from at least 2 project countries who go through a digital product/service development and business simulation process during 2–3 half-years (60–90 hours) using start-up methods.
Digital products or services – any product or service with a digital component, i.e. learning and gaming solutions; 3D, visual programming; robotics; low+high tech art and craft; mobile apps; hardware programming and IoT; communication solutions/platforms; digitally supported services, etc.
Development of digital entrepreneurship competence at basic / upper-secondary level includes
- provision of learning experiences in digital product or service development that connect classroom learning to real-world contexts;
- enhanced development self-management, problem-solving and communication skills;
- combined development of entrepreneurship and digital skills that students feel will be relevant to their future careers;
- demonstrating creativity through the development of innovative products and services that use digital technologies, and also through the design of learning process
- transfer of start-up methods from business context to educational context